Terms Of Service
FAIR USAGE POLICY –
Our Unlimited Membership is designed to allow you to train 7 days per week if required with flexibility with cancellations and classes. It is not acceptable to use this membership as a method of block booking into lots of classes on the same day. We do ask that if you have booked into 2 classes of different types that you are courteous to those on the waitlist of your second class and give them the opportunity to take your spot.
Frequent no shows and late cancellations will be identified and followed up as it is preventing other members from booking into classes, particularly during busy periods. We reserve the right to cancel forthcoming bookings for members who are ‘block booking’ class times for their convenience.
CONDITIONS OF USE
1. We use all our reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information on our web pages. Information is for guidance only and is not intended to form any part of a contract and can be subject to change without notice. We shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or cumulative losses or damages arising out of the use or inability to use these pages, any errors, misrepresentations or omissions on the material contained on them.
2. The information on these web pages has been prepared with reasonable care and is believed by us to be legal, honest, decent and truthful as of the date of its preparation.
3. You agree that the material downloaded or otherwise accessed through the use of our web pages is obtained entirely at your own risk and that you will be entirely responsible for any resulting damage to software or computer systems and/or any resulting loss of data even if we have been advised of the possibility of any such damage.
4. We do not accept any liability in connection with any third party web sites which may be linked or accessible through our own Web site and we do not endorse or approve the contents of any such site.
5. In relation to a dispute arising out of this web site you the user and we, CrossFit Harrow agree to submit exclusively to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
6. Except where expressly stated to the contrary the text and graphics in the information contained in this web site is the copyright of CrossFit Harrow. You may download or print out individual selections of these web pages only if explicitly used for your own personal information and not to be publicly reproduced. Permanent copying or storage of whole or part of this web site or the information contained in it or reproduction or incorporation of any part of it in any other work or publication whether on paper or electronic media or any other form is expressly prohibited.
7. The entire contents of these web pages remain the property CrossFit Harrow and are copyright with all rights reserved.
MEMBERSHIP CONTRACT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP CONTRACTS
Membership fees shall be fixed by CrossFit Harrow. and may be altered at any time. Members will be notified (by notices posted on our web site and social media sites) of any changes in the fees prior to the date of the alteration.
1) On payment of membership fees, a member is entitled to use CrossFit Harrow. facilities with frequency of use relating to the membership type.
2) The first membership subscription shall be due and payable on the signing of this agreement. Subsequent membership subscription shall be due and payable on the 28th of each month, or if the 28th day of the month is a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday, the next working day.
3) All membership applications must be on the forms prescribed by the centre and applicants may be subject to an interview at the discretion of the centre.
4) CrossFit Harrow reserves the right to reject an application for membership, or refuse admission, without ascribing any reason.
5) Membership fees are payable according to the membership type selected.
Monthly Direct debits are a full binding contract between CrossFit Harrow and the member and will automatically continue until CrossFit Harrow is notified otherwise. Our rolling contract is the only membership that can be requested to cancel before the 21st of the month.
COURSES AND SPECIAL EVENTS CONTRACT
Courses and special event fees shall be fixed by CrossFit Harrow and may be altered at any time. Members will be notified (by notices posted on web site and social media sites) of any changes in the fees prior to the date of the alteration.
1) On payment of course or special event fees, a member is entitled to use CrossFit Harrow facilities only for the time period of the contracted course or event.
2) CrossFit Harrow reserves the right to reject a course or special event booking, or refuse admission, without ascribing any reason.
TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP AND CANCELLATION OF COURSE, SPECIAL EVENT AND ONE-TO-ONE BOOKINGS
1) No membership cancellation is valid by any other medium other than in an email format or a cancellation request form to be filled out on our website.
2) Our Rolling Membership agreement must be cancelled by giving ONE CALENDAR MONTH or more written notice prior to the 21st day of the calendar month in which to cancel the membership using the method stated above.
3) You will be held liable as this is a binding contract and CrossFit Harrow will take the necessary measures to ensure all monies are paid.
4) I understand that if I submit a membership cancellation online form less than ONE CALENDAR MONTH prior to the 21st day of the calendar month in which the membership is to cancel that request is outside of the agreed notice period and will be charged in full for that month.
5) CrossFit Harrow is not liable to refund any monies in relation to monthly membership contracts should the receipt of cancellation not be received one calendar month before the last day of the proceeding month.
6) CrossFit Harrow is not liable to refund any monies in relation to course bookings should the receipt of cancellation not be received at least seven days in advance of the first scheduled class date.
7) CrossFit Harrow is not liable to refund any monies in relation to course bookings should you decide not to continue with the full term of the course after the commencement of the course.
8) Client agrees that it is their responsibility to attend all course sessions as stated in the timetable. Client agrees that if any course session is not attended it is their responsibility to make up that session before the next scheduled course session takes place. Client agrees that they shall pay the current cost of a Personal Coaching session for that session.
9) CrossFit Harrow is not liable to refund any monies in relation to one-to-one and special event bookings should the receipt of cancellation not be received at least 24 hours in advance of the booking date and time.
10) CrossFit Harrow reserves the right to refuse admission and/or to expel or suspend any member forthwith if any member shall, in the opinion of CrossFit Harrow, cause nuisance or annoyance to the other CrossFit Harrow members or guests; and for any breach of CrossFit Harrow’s Code of Conduct, or for any other reason which CrossFit Harrow may deem appropriate.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
1) Client’s acknowledgement and assumption of risk and full release from liability of CrossFit Harrow: client acknowledges that the personal training/nutritional service programs purchased hereunder includes participation in strenuous physical activities, including, but not limited to, running, weight training, stationary bicycling, gymnastic movements, various aerobic conditioning machinery and various nutritional programs offered by CrossFit Harrow (the “physical activities”). Client acknowledges these physical activities involve the inherent risk of physical injuries or other damages, including, but not limited to, heart attacks, muscle strains, pulls or tears, broken bones, shin splints, heat exhaustion, knee/lower back/foot injuries and any other illness, soreness, or injury however caused, occurring during or after client’s participation in the physical activities. Client further acknowledges that such risks include, but are not limited to, injuries caused by the negligence of an instructor or other person, defective or improperly used equipment, over-exertion of a client, slip and fall by client, or an unknown health problem of client.
2) Client agrees to assume all risk and responsibility arising from participation in the physical activities. Client affirms that client is in good physical condition and does not suffer from any disability that would prevent or limit participation in the physical activities. Client acknowledges participation will be physically and mentally challenging, and client agrees that it is the responsibility of the client to seek competent medical advice regarding any concerns or questions concerning the ability of client to take part in CrossFit Harrow physical activities. By signing this agreement, client affirms that he or she is capable of participating in the physical activities. Client agrees to assume all risk and responsibility for exceeding his or her physical limits.
3) Client, on behalf of client, his or her heirs, assigns and next of kin, waives any claims against and releases CrossFit Harrow (as well as any of its owners, employees, or other authorized agents, including independent contractors) from any and all liability, claims and/or causes of action that client may have for injuries or other damages of any kind, including but not limited to punitive damages, arising out of participation in CrossFit Harrow activities, including, but not limited to the personal training/nutritional programs and the physical activities.
4) Fitness program membership agreement services: The service being requested is for coaching designed to progress you toward elite fitness. The agreement is for coaching services over a specific period of time during which the student is eligible to partake in any and all activities in accordance with their membership package. This is not an agreement for a specific number of classes, seminars, or coaching lessons during the agreed upon period.
5) Client’s right to cancel: The client may terminate or cancel the agreement at any time. The agreement will continue in full for the remainder of the notice period stated above. There is no pro rata refund for that calendar month.
6) Successors and assigns: Client agrees that all terms and conditions of this agreement shall be binding upon the heirs, personal representatives, lawful successors, and assigns of client, and anyone claiming by or through client.
7) Enforceability: The parties agree that if any provision or portion of this agreement is declared void and unenforceable, such provision or portion of a provision shall be deemed severed from this agreement, which shall otherwise remain in full force and effect. However, client specifically agrees all the terms and conditions are to be enforced and client specifically waives any statute or other right of any type, which would invalidate the enforceability of any provision or portion of a provision of this agreement.
8) The following information has been produced to ensure that all members are assured of a comfortable and enjoyable experience on each and every one of their visits. Although the items in this list are detailed in their nature, it is anticipated that for the majority of members there will be little or no need ever to refer to them. They do however allow CrossFit Harrow to provide a service that we believe is second to none.
USE OF THE FACILITIES
A member is entitled to use CrossFit Harrow facilities providing always that CrossFit Harrow may at any time withdraw all or part of its facilities for any period or periods and without notice, where practicable, in connection with any cleaning, repair, alteration, maintenance or security work or for reasons beyond their control.
The centre reserves the right at any time, and without notice, to set aside facilities for exhibitions or other social activities.
1) CrossFit Harrow’s liability for loss or damage to members’ property is strictly limited to any damage or loss suffered as a result of negligence of CrossFit Harrow, its staff or agents. Without exception CrossFit Harrow will not accept liability for money, valuables or other personal property of members.
2) CrossFit Harrow reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to refuse to store any such personal property of members.
3) CrossFit Harrow cannot accept any liability for any accident to any member or guest that may occur on the premises other than the liability that may arise from negligence of CrossFit Harrow, its staff or agents.
4) Any member who suffers an accident on CrossFit Harrow premises must report the accident, and the circumstances under which it occurred, to a staff member immediately following the accident.
5) Neither CrossFit Harrow, its health & fitness specialist instructors or other employees, servants or agents (including every independent contractor from time to time employed by CrossFit Harrow) shall in any circumstances whatsoever be under any liability whatsoever to the applicant for any loss, damage or injury (including death) whether accidental or otherwise of whatsoever kind arising during or resulting from participating in the exercise programme.
1) Members must at all times observe the membership rules, and comply with any reasonable directions which the manager may give to ensure the smooth operation of CrossFit Harrow, the facilities and the convenience of members.
2) Credit shall not be granted by CrossFit Harrow to any member. Any and all costs incurred by the members during their visit CrossFit Harrow must be paid prior to leaving CrossFit Harrow.
3) Any dispute or difference that may arise with regard to the interpretation of these rules shall be determined by the manager whose decision shall be final.
4) CrossFit Harrow reserves the right to amend these rules and all tariff charges at any time and without notice to the individual members although notification of the change will be posted on the web site and facebook. If any provision in these rules is declared illegal or otherwise unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.