For more recipes and inspiration visit @sonasfoodjournal on Instagram
2 sea bass fillets
2 fennel bulbs, sliced into wedges
1 pink grapefruit, peeled and supremed
1 tbs grapefruit zest
2-3 thyme sprigs
Bronze fennel 🌿, to garnish
Drizzle of oil
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 200C fan. In a baking dish toss the fennel, thyme and a drizzle of oil. Season. Roast for 20 mins, until just tender.
2. Pat dry the sea bass fillets and make 3 slashes on each of the skins.
3. In a small bowl, mix together about 1/2 tbsp of oil, the grapefruit zest and some salt and pepper and rub over the fillets.
4. Arrange the sea bass skin side up on the fennel and roast for about 7-8 minutes until cooked through.
5. Serve the fish and the fennel with the grapefruit segments.