For more recipes and inspiration visit @sonasfoodjournal on Instagram
Breakfast of spice champions 💪🏽
4 large eggs 🥚
2 small sweet peppers, sliced into rings
6-8 cherry tomatoes 🍅, halved
1/2 red onion 🧅 , finely diced
Dried chilli flakes or some fresh chilli, finely diced 🌶
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
Fresh coriander 🌿, chopped
Salt & pepper (to taste)
Drizzle of oil
1. Whisk the eggs up in a bowl.
2. Add in the red onion, tomatoes, sweet peppers, chilli, cumin & coriander powders, fresh coriander and salt & pepper. Give it all a quick mix together.
3. Heat some oil in a non stick frying pan. Pour in the egg mixture making sure to evenly distribute the veg.
4. Cook on a medium heat for about 3-5 mins until the the floor has set and is lightly browned.
5. If you’re feeling brave you can flip the omelette over and cook for another couple of minutes or you could fold it in half and cook through.
I served this with a cooling cucumber 🥒 & avo 🥑 salad.