For more recipes and inspiration visit @sonasfoodjournal on Instagram
Green beans or Kenya beans? Which one are you?
300g yellow courgettes, thickly sliced
180g green beans, topped & tailed
3 cloves smoked garlic, 2 minced, 1 sliced
1 tsp paprika
6 tbsp ricotta cheese
Mint leaves, chopped
Mixed salad leaves
Walnuts, lightly toasted
Cold pressed rapeseed oil
Salt & pepper
Drizzle olive oil
Per Portion: approx. 389 kcal, 11g protein, 32g fat, 20g carbohydrate
(Approximate values sourced from myfitnesspal.com)
1. Divide some salad leaves between your plates. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the ricotta, mint leaves and celery salt. Set aside.
3. Place a griddle pan over a medium-high heat. When hot, place the courgette slices in the pan and cook for about 4 minutes or until they show some char lines on the courgettes. Flip the slices over and cook until the other side has charred as well. Season and set aside on a warm plate.
4. Drizzle a little oil into the pan ⚠️ Be careful as it will still be quite hot ⚠️ Throw in the smoked garlic and the green beans, sprinkle over the paprika powder and cook on a medium heat for about 4-5 mins until cooked. They should still have a slight bite to them.
5. Off the heat, throw the courgettes back into the pan and toss together with the green beans. Divide between the two plates and top with dollops of ricotta, toasted walnuts, drizzle over some oil & finally top with that clean and bold flavoured micro coriander. Drizzle over with some olive oil to finish.
The smoked garlic was such a punchy flavour, it complimented the smooth, creamy and fresh ricotta beautifully. And the micro herbs - ooh la la!