For more recipes and inspiration visit @sonasfoodjournal on Instagram
375g cod loins, skinless & boneless
1 shallot, finely diced
3-4 garlic cloves, minced
Knob of butter
Drizzle of oil (I use cold pressed rapeseed oil)
250g puy lentils, ready to eat
60g green beans, sliced into 0.5cm peices
1 carrot, finely diced
1 veg stock cube
2-3 tspn capers
Splash boiling water
2-3 thyme sprigs
8-10 chives, cut finely
3 tbsp sage tricolor leaves
Salt & pepper
For the fish
1. Pat dry the cod and place in a shallow baking dish. Drizzle with some oil, throw over the garlic, half of the sage leaves and season.
2. Roast in a preheated oven at 180C fan for about 15-17 mins, until the fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
For the butter sauce (optional)
1. Prepare the butter sauce in a small saucepan. Throw in a good knob of butter and heat on a low-medium heat until melted. Throw in the capers and sage leaves and cook for about 1 min. Season.
For the puy lentils
1. Drizzle some oil in a pan, throw in the shallot and cook over a medium heat for about 3 minutes until soft.
2. Add the carrots and beans and cook these for about 4-5 minutes. Throw in the chives and thyme sprigs ⚠️ Remember to remove the woody sprigs before serving ⚠️
3. Add in the puy lentils and with your fingers, squash up the stock cube as you add this in. Stir the puy and veg together and pour in a small splash of boiling water and cook for 1-2 mins until the stock has been absorbed.
Place the garlicky cod over the herby puy, drizzle over that warm butter sauce and enjoy!