Life can be tough. Everyone has bad days and good ones.
Fitness activities are so important to both my physical and mental health.
Below is a random list of things I have learned and continue to learn from the great coaches and members at CrossFit Harrow and the CrossFit community in general.
1. I can do it. Whatever it is, I can do it.
2. The easy-looking challenges usually aren’t. The opposite also holds true, but give me any challenge and I'm up for it.
3. Listen to your coaches; they are usually right.
4. Mistakes are to be made. The key is to make them only once.
5. Twenty minutes can take forever or twenty minutes can fly by.
6. Correct technique brings strength, especially in times of struggle.
7. Your encouragement makes me stronger; encouraging you makes me happier.
8. I should have started sooner.
9. Surprising results come from sheer determination.
10. The strongest or the weakest muscle in your body is usually between the ears. Make it the strongest for success.
Take what you want from this list, or develop your own. The important thing is to realise that even though there will be days when you feel you can’t do it, in the end, you always can—if you try.
Getting yourself to the gym is usually the most difficult part of a fitness routine. Close your eyes and imagine you are driving to the gym. Now imagine you’ve grabbed your water bottle and gear and are now walking through the doors of our #happygym. Your shoes are off, coat hung up and you’re stepping into the gym. Greetings and smiles await you—I bet you feel better already.
Have a GREAT workout!
Inspiration provided by Denis Paradis at Catalystgym.com.